When looking through the stacks and stacks of different material at our favourite fabric store one day, my mom (creativity partner in crime and teacher of all things I know) and I found a ton of this hilarious cotton patterned with all kinds of food items, and I just knew immedietly I had to create a bib line with them.
Click here to shop new bibs!
Here are the first three available! Pizza, bacon and eggs, and pancakes!
The best part is that there’s more to come – plenty of different foods to reflect your little ones favorites are coming very soon!
Inspired by these bibs, and my own Little Deer’s favourite breakfast food, I thought I’d share THE BEST pancake recipe. I’ve added a delicious, caramel-y apple topping we’re crazy about. This recipe from Buns In My Oven blog is meant for making crispy, fluffy waffles, so be sure to try that too!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
For apple topping:
- 1 1/2 apples (you can use fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Mix together first seven ingredients in one bowl
- Mix together buttermilk, milk and oil in another bowl
- Whisk egg in separate bowl until fluffy. Continue to whisk as you sprinkle white sugar inside. Mix in vanilla as well
- Add milk mixture to dry mixture until well combined
- Pour egg mixture into batter, and fold in until just incorporated.
- Using a soup ladle, pour batter into pan over medium heat
- When pancake(s) brown at the edges, time to flip!
- Repeat until you have a big ol’ stack of pancakes
- For apple topping, melt butter over medium heat in separate pan
- Add apples, let them brown slightly, about 1-2 minutes
- Add brown sugar, stir with apples for no longer than 1 minute
- Top pancakes with apples and serve!
And if that wasn’t sweet enough, I thought it’d be fun to share a coupon code for 25% off anything at Little Deer! Use code YUMMY at checkout, valid until Jan 31 2016!